Connie has taken workshops with Catherine Fitzmaurice and Donna Snow, and studied Alexander work with Katherine Wielopolska. As a singer, Connie leads a cabaret band called “Enchante”.
Ms. Koppe directs operas and performs children’s theater. Her most recent directing projects are AMAHL AND THE NIGHT VISITORS, THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO, THE BARBER OF SEVILLE and THE MAGIC FLUTE all for the Delaware Valley Opera Company.
Connie Koppe leads lyric writing projects in public and private schools (4th – 6th grades) through Arts for Anyone, an organization she helped start, and play writing with Storybook Musical Theater.
She recently traveled to Adona, Turkey on an exchange program, as a visiting Artist to write poetry and lyrics.
Connie J. Koppe
444 W. Clapier Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144
Teaching & Administration Credits
- Music Educator
- Speech and Singing Instructor
- Singer/Actress (Soprano)
- PHONETIC PILLOWS CERTIFICATION (diction & dialect training) – 2012
- LINKLATER DESIGNATION -1998
- MASTER OF MUSIC – Opera Performance – 1977 – Temple University: Esther Boyer School of Music; Philadelphia, PA
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE: MUSIC EDUCATION – Voice Concentration – 1973 – Indiana University of Pennsylvania: School of Fine Arts, Indiana, PA.
- Linklater Voice and Speech
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: University of the Arts, Ira Brind School (2001 – present)
- University of the Arts Pre-College Program (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- Director: Opera Workshop: Biblical University, Music Department (winter and fall 2002)
- Singing based on Linklater Voice Work: Mount Airy Learning Tree (6 -8 wk. classes.) (2000 – present)
- Speech (Linklater Voice Work): The Wilma Theater (spring 2000)
- Developing an Effective Speaking Voice for Business Pros.: Temple University Music Prep (1998 – 2001)
- Singing for Musical Theatre (for adults and teens) Walnut Street Theatre (1998 -2000)
Grade School Level:
- LivingBookshelf & Global Neighborhood; Artist: Arts for Anyone; grades 4-8: PA/NY/NJ. (1994-Present)
- Page to Stage writing workshop: Storybook Musical Theatre Elem. Schools in PA (1997 – 2005)
- The Pennsylvania Opera Theater, Education Program In Every Way the Arts
- Elementary and Junior High Levels. PA, NJ, DE. (1983 – 1993)
- Beginning Acting for Children: Main Line Models, King of Prussia, PA (1992-2000)
Private Voice Instructor:
- Vocal Coach – NBC 10 (current)
- Private Studio In home (77 -Present) Speech and Singing
- Private Voice: Temple University Music Prep (1998 – 2005)
- Performing Unions: American Federation of TV and Radio Artists (AFTRA)(past local board member)
- Actor’s Equity Assoc. (AEA); Amer. Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA)(past local board member)
- Delaware Valley Lyric Opera Co.: Director, Board Member, Performer (1979- present)
- Living Bookshelf: Co-founder, Board Member, Classroom Visiting Artist (2010-present)
- Arts for Anyone: (nonprofit arts ed.) Co-founder, Board Member, Classroom artist (1994-2010)
- Storybook Musical Theater: Former Board Member; Education Consultant and Classroom artist (1989 – 2000)
- Co-Founder, Classroom Artist and Artists Coordinator – Arts for Anyone, an independent arts education non-profit (founded 1993)
- Co-Founder and Communications Director: The Singer’s Network; a non-profit networking organization for the singing community in the Greater Delaware Valley. (founded 4/93)
- Artist/Administrator: In Every Way the Arts, Ed. program of The Penna. Opera Theater (1978-93)